Tuesday 16 June 2015

Top Ten Tuesday #4



It is been awhile since I've done a Top Ten Tuesday. It is basically a feature by the amazing blog The Broke and the Bookish where every Tuesday we create a list of books on a certain topic (because who doesn't love lists?)
Today's theme is a very exciting one for me: top ten books I plan on reading this summer! I adore summer and reading on the beach is the closest part of heaven I will ever encounter. I always create to-read lists but almost never follow them. I would much rather prefer to pile up unread books in my room while spontaneously buying random ones and reading them in one day. But this time I will try harder.


Ilina's picks
Divergent (Divergent, #1)Sex and the CityLipstick Jungle
An Abundance of KatherinesCoastlinersThe Curious Case of Benjamin Button and Six Other Stories
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-TimeMemoirs of a Geisha


George's picks (I didn't give him much chance, did I?)

Gerald's GameThe Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium, #1)


1. Divergent - It feels like I am on track if the first book is on my currently-reading shelf. So far so good although I find some striking similarities with other novels. I would probably write a full report on it soon.
2. Sex and the City - Yes, people, I know what you would think but I do love this trilogy (is it a trilogy, though?). The writing is nothing special but I enjoy the storyline. And admit it - isn't it the perfect light read for the beach, am I right, ladies?
3. Lipstick jungle  - Another book of the same author because my holiday will be long after all.
4. An Abundance of Kathrines - One of my favorite authors - light-hearted, funny and smart, all of his books amuse me. This is probably the only one left that I still haven't put my hands on.
5. Coastliners - Now this woman is magic. I have done a whole post on her, so you can go check it out (Joanne Harris). This book's title and cover just smell of summer and I'm sure I'll love it.
6. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button - I love Fitzgerald works, he is just perfect. As for this one in particular, I remember how touching the film adaptation was. So I was just scrolling through my read shelf and remembered that last summer I went through two of his novels and I absolutely loved them. 
7. The last two book on my menu I own since like forever, so I think I owe them my attention.
As for George's list, one of them is a Stephen King's novel and he is just obsessed with him. That is probably one of the few remaining unread. And The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is my recommendation as I am sure that he will surely fall in love with the trilogy but he is stubborn. 

I absolutely love participating in the Top Ten Tuesday and I will definitely continue like I did last summer. 
~I.

7 comments:

  1. Memoirs of a Geisha is such a beautiful book, I love it. Divergent has similarities to other dystopian novels, but it's also its own unique and brilliant story. I hope you enjoy!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize that The Curious Case of Benjamin Button was by F. Scott Fitzgerald. I loved the movie.
    Hope you enjoy Memoirs of a Geisha as much as I did.
    Happy reading to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you enjoy Divergent and An Abundance of Katerines!

    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime and Memoirs of a Geisha the same summer, and loved them both. Currently reading Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. I really liked the movie trilogy, and the book has enjoyable so far!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Joanne Harris too. I know I've read COASTLINERS, but it's been so long that I can't remember much about it. I liked DIVERGENT. I'll probably have to go back and re-read it before I move on with the series. Obviously, I've got a BAD memory.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I am the same! I guess it's normal when I read that much. xx

      Delete
  6. I hope you are enjoying Divergent! I thought it was alright but Insurgent was way better. An Abundance of Katherines sounds great. Happy reading!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete