Tuesday 28 July 2015

Top Ten Tuesday #9


Today's Top Ten Tuesday topic is very funny, I love it. We are ought to pick characters who are fellow book nerds - love to read, write and so on. 





 Hermione from Harry Potter - That is an obvious one, isn't it? She is probably one of my favorite characters from the series. Many people think she is boring and she is only about books and brains, but she is so much more - a great friend, she is compassionate and brave.



 Cath from Fangirl - She is a shy girl, who loves to read books and write fan-fiction. I don't really connect to her other experience besides the writing, but she is still rather nerdy. (my review of the book)





 Charlie from The Perks of Being a Wallflower - He is a shy and caring person who adores his friends and takes good care of them. Before he has them (and even after that) he is a wallflower. He prefers staying home and reading. Also, he narrates the story by writing letters to an anonymous person. I think he is very lovable.




 Tyrion from A Song of Ice and Fire - He is damn right, isn't he? Another favorite characters. I love how different he is and how that is the one thing that makes him stronger. Besides, he is funny and most of the time doesn't give a damn about what is happening.




 Hazel from The Fault in our Stars - She is the one person (okay, character...) that I have heard about who loves to re-read a single book like a million times. I do that all the time and I think it's great and also necessary. Do you?



 Mort Rainey from Secret Window, Secret Garden (by Stephen King)- Now, this one is crazy. He is a writer who loses his mind because he thinks someone is accusing him of stealing his work and then he realizes that he is the one doing it - does that make any sense? I guess no, so go read the book it's great.



( I am out of gifs :( )

 Scout from To Kill a Mocking bird - I suppose everyone has heard of her, but still - She is a girl who loves to read and has learnt to do it since she was very little. But when she goes to school they make her stop doing it so she could be in pace with all the other kids. How annoying is that?




 Scott Landon from Lisey's Story (Stephen King again) - It is a great novel about a writer and his wife and their misfortunes. He is, again like the previous one, kind of crazy in my opinion and really weird things happen to them. 


P.S - I used gifs from the films, because I thought it was funnier this way.
Feel free to post your links so I can check out your nerdy characters. 


5 comments:

  1. Great list! You have some uncommon characters here (in that I haven't seen them on other lists!) ;-)

    My List!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list, especially pulling in Secret Window, Secret Garden. I hadn't thought of that!!! Here is my list if you want to check it out: http://www.bookworminkorporated.com/book-nerd-characters/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the Secret Window movie but haven't read the book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome list. We have some in common. :) I absolutely loved Scout. She is my favorite. Here is my top ten list: http://bookbinges.blogspot.it/2015/07/top-ten-tuesday-fellow-book-nerds-unite.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good choices! Hermione is on my list as well.

    And yes, I find it necessary to re-read certain books many, many times. How else to absorb them and make them your own?

    ReplyDelete