Monday 17 August 2015

Top Ten Tuesday #11

Top Ten of my auto-buy authors 



1. J. K. Rowling 
 

Although it took me a long time to realize that she has two more books under a pseudonym. Well... still counts.

2. John Green 
I still haven't read all of his works but they are so light-hearted and fun - I just can't get enough of him.

3. Joanne Harris 

I cannot tell you how much I go on about her, she is probably my most read and therefore favorite author. 

4. Stephen King 


His recent novels are not as brilliant as all of his past ones and my crazy obsession with him is probably over but... I still consider buying his new book every time I spot one in the bookstore.

5. Rainbow Rowell


I absolutely loved Fangirl and just can't wait until I get a hold of all her other books.

6. George R. R. Martin


Yes, I am auto-buying Winds of Winter ... when (if??) it comes out.

7. Harper Lee


I even pre-ordered Go Set a Watchman and I never do such extreme things.

8. Stephen Chbosky 


I absolutely loved The Perks of Being a Wallflower but he doesn't have any other books yet or am I really ignorant? Please, enlighten me.

9. Stephanie Perkins 


I fell in love with her instantly, her characters are so believable and fully shaped.

10. Gillian Flynn.


She is my most recent obsession. Gone Gilr is beyond brilliant and now I am currently reading Dark Places and it so far fails to disappoint. She is so good at writing thrillers and her writing style even reminds me a little bit of Stephen King's.

 Who are yours auto-buy authors? Do we have any matches? 




3 comments:

  1. Love your list! I'm a fan of many of the same authors! John Green does just have something about him that draws you into his books, doesn't he? Lovely!

    I haven't been brave enough to read George RR Martin though. Even with my love for blood, he seems scary!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish Chbosky had more out!

    Check out my TTT and my current giveaway which ends tonight at midnight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an awesome list! J.K. Rowling made my list as well :) Great post!

    Your GFC follower, Lillie @LittleLillieReads

    ReplyDelete