Saturday 15 August 2015

Why Grey's Anatomy should have ended this year

  

   I am going to offend so many hardcore fans. I was one of them. In fact, I still believe that this is one of the best shows of all time. It offers you every human emotion there is, great soundtrack and fully shaped characters from the very beginning. It absolutely grabs you with the first episode. Many people dislike it without even watching it because of the “medical stuff”, it’s just boring, they say. Let me tell you, I had the same mind set when I started but, oh my God, how wrong was I.
    As I said, the characters are just on point. Doesn’t matter if you love them or hate them, you still appreciate how alive and believable they are. How not to fall in love with competitive and witty Christina, or charming and lovely Izzie, or wise and strong Meredith? You get drawn into their life, work problems, love misfortunes and dramas. The humor is subtle but hilarious and not to mention the sad times. If you ever cry at films or series, be prepared, almost every episode is just heart-breaking. The touching events just beautifully coincide with the amazing soundtrack. But Shonda (the creator of the show) is famous for killing of her characters. At first it was fine, in the mood of the show and made you care even more. But soon enough, it all stated to be just too much for my taste. She just kept trying to come up with ways of killing people and torturing them, it is kind of scary how creative she got.

  And here is a message directly to her. Please, stop. Just for a moment remember all the beautiful characters that you created and then brutally killed off. Why? Why not just stop here and leave it? Derek dying wouldn’t be the best ending, I admit it. I would have loved to see them live happily ever after in their perfect house with their beautiful children. But this is Grey’s Anatomy and deep down inside me I knew I couldn’t expect that. So when he died I was so sure she would end it. It would have been appropriate – showing us once again that life is hard on you, that nothing turns out as you expect it, that there are so many women out there in the world like Meredith, struggling every day of their life. And that is perfect. But no, we had to painfully watch how no one seemingly cared that he died. And to continue watching with so few original characters left? It is almost as if you don’t love and respect your fans, Shonda, because if you did you would have come up with a proper goodbye.
 Enough said. 

No comments:

Post a Comment