Wednesday 9 September 2015

Music Favorites

Besides books and cinema, my other true passion is music. Throughout my awkward stages of growing up, I have switched to numerous genres and artists. Now, I can proudly say that I can enjoy almost every music style as long as it hits me right to the feels or if it makes me move my body uncontrollably. My current favorite artists aren't infamous at all, not even close (besides maybe one of them), but I will try to introduce the audience to songs, or even whole albums, that in my opinion are underrated and definitely deserve more praise. 

Lana Del Rey

  I am absolutely sure that I will never grow out of her. She won't stop making amazing music, either, unlike some other artists of my favorites. Her new album is the strong evidence. If you haven't heard her new single High By the Beach, go do it right now. Besides her absolute hits that millions love, she has so many other beautiful masterpieces. Her album Ultraviolence is just unbelievably magical. More famous songs from it are West Coast and Brooklyn Baby and they are also great but as a whole the album is perfect and not nearly enough recognized. Her lyrics are enchanting and so relatable. Almost every one of her songs is a ballad, so melancholic and beautiful. If you dig even deeper into her first albums, you can see she had it from the beginning. Born to Die is probably her most famous album but even there are some songs that you have most likely missed. I personally, like most people, fell in love with her through Blue Jeans, but songs like Diet Mountain Dew, Radio and Lucky Ones are just the bomb. I struggle with recommending enough of her genius because I will just end up citing basically every one her songs which is pointless.


Maroon 5

  If you haven't heard of them you must live under a rock because recently they have started making on of those "summer hits". I despise the idea of those but I always end up enjoying Maroon 5's ones, I love them that much. Here, I am going to rant about the good old time when they made really good music. Songs About Jane is their first album and it is probably my ultimate favorite album of all times, every single song is great. The most famous ones are probably This Love and She Will Be Loved. If you like fresh alternative rock (I am really not sure if that is the right genre, correct me if I am wrong, I just call it that way), you will most likely enjoy it immensely. They are mostly love songs (about Jane apparently) Sweetest Goodbye and Sunday Morning being my personal favorites. I don't know what went wrong with them in these past couple of years, but this is their only great album. Don't get me wrong, I still love them so much and listen to them almost every day but it is just not the same anymore.

The Weeknd

  This is my most recent discovery. If you haven't listened to his songs I honesty have no idea how to describe them. In fact, that is why I love him and Lana so much - they are extremely different from the other contemporary artists but at the same time fit perfectly. His newer songs, Can't Feel My Face and The Hills are absolute hits, so no recommendation needed there. His new album on the other hand (still available only in Spotify for some reason) is even better if that's actually possible. His songs are sadder and with more meaningful lyrics. There are also some great collaborations with Lana (yey me, right?) and Ed Sheeran (another one of my babes). I actually fell in love with his older songs a year ago. Wicked Games, What You Need and High For This are a few of his less famous pieces. If you haven't heard them, go turn them on, light a cigarette and relax. Welcome to the dark side.


Do you think I should continue with these music posts and let me know if you enjoy listening to those great songs.





No comments:

Post a Comment