Thursday 7 August 2014

Currently Reading Shelf

So today I'm going to show you what's on my bedside table. I usually read more than one book mainly because I can never decide what I want to read next and I end up with like five books. Anyhow, currently I'm reading only three which are very different from one another. I choose them depending on my mood or just basically whatever I feel like reading.


So you are probably like: 'Whaaat? You're reading George Martin and Candace Bushnell?'
Well, yes, my friend, there should be a book for every mood.

1. Summer and the City - I started reading the trilogy because I absolutely love the the show ('Sex and the City'). It's one of those easy reads you want to take to the beach with you and just relax. And since I'm going on a holiday soon I figured it would be perfect to take it with me. The writing isn't genius though and the story would seem really  stupid to most people, I guess. Anyway, I find it really refreshing but don't go for it if you're looking for something serious and very well-written.

2. Paper Towns - 'Crash Course' is one of my favorite YouTube channels so you can imagine my excitement when I found John Green's books. So far I've read only 'Looking for Alaska' and I really liked it. To be honest, as I started reading 'Paper Towns' at first I though that the two books are very much alike. I found similarities between the two characters (Margo and Alaska) and I was a bit disappointed so I stopped reading it for awhile. Turns out, I was wrong and the two books have almost nothing in common except for John's cunning writing style. The book is funny, sweet and most of all unpredictable which is always a win for me.

3. A Clash of Kings - And last, but certainly not least - a re-read for me. So I read all of the 'A Song of Ice and Fire' books a few years back and I was devastated becasue George is not famous for his fast release of sequels. Recently, I watched the show and I realized I missed the books so much. So I bought them in English and started reading them again. I reach for it every once in awhile and it is amazing how many thigs a person can forget from a book. My point is even when you read it for a second time it still can't bore you and if you haven't read them already, do it immediately! 

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/14069119/?claim=k73vycrty64">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

2 comments:

  1. You're so right! Sex and the City is such a beach time read. Makes me miss summer terribly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved The Carrie Diaries and Summer and the City. I still haven't read Sex in the City, but I will one day.

    ReplyDelete