Sunday 17 August 2014

Holiday Reads

I'm on holiday this week and an idea occurred to me. I decided to go through what books I would like to read while I'm here. These are basically the books I think that would be great for reading right on the beach with a coctail in your hand. So nothing too serious nor depressing or moody.



Let's start with the books I'm actually reading while I'm at the sea. In a previous post I mentioned 'Summer and the city' as a perfect book for reading whilst on the beach. Nothing to add here except that the other two of the trilogy would do too ('Carrie Diaries and 'Sex and the City'). Also, while I'm relaxing by the sea, I'll give a shot to 'Bridget Jones's Diary'. From what I've heard it is a really lightweight book about a woman who decides it's time to take over her life. 
Other books that seem suitable for this situation are 'The Devil Wears Prada' and 'Secrets of a Shoe Addict'. Both funny and fast paced - just what you need on a holiday.
Basically I'm recomending women fiction so if you're interested in something more adventurous, you should definitely try 'Hunger Games'. The trilogy is captivating but not too serious - a really fast and entertainging read. 
Why don't you tell me your summer reads, I'm always opened to suggestions.

3 comments:

  1. Honestly, every time I hit the beach The Sisterhood of Travelling Pants gets cranked out. It's the perfect summer read! Ps. Have fun on your holiday! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been nominated for a Liebster Award! For more information on it and how to accept just visit my post:

    http://thehardcoverlover.blogspot.com/2014/08/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've nominated you for the Liebster Award! You can find more information here: http://kittensandbooks.blogspot.com/2014/08/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete