Tuesday 26 August 2014

Top Ten Tuesday #3



It's time for another Top Ten Tuesday post (The Broke and the Bookish). Today I'll talk you through ten books I really want to read but don't own yet. 
Now, that would be e tough one because if I really want to read a book, I do it no matter if I own it. I usually buy it, look for it in the library or even download it on my phone. But I'll try because I'm sure some titles would pop up.


1. Memoaris of a Geisha by Arthur Golden - Pretty famous book, not much to say here. I've wanted to read it forever because the movie seems to be good and the book is always better.

2. The Casual Vacancy by J. K. Rowling  - I love 'Harry Potter', who doesn't? Rowling's writing style is amazing so I have no doubts about this book. But I definitely want to own a copy because I have all her other books and it's important, you know.

3. The Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson - I absolutely loved the first book of this series. For some reason I own the third book, but not this one. I actually tried buying it online but it hasn't arrived yet and it's been a month. Makes me anxoius.

4. Let It Snow by John Green - So far his books haven't disappointed me and the title of this one makes me curious. I hope it's about Christmas as that is my favourite time of the year. Haven't yet come around to this book in any bookstore though.

5. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee - There's a book I've been wanting to read for ages. Since it a classic I'm determined to own a copy but where I live it's almost impossible to find many books in English. A bummer.

6. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak - I want to own this book so, so, so much. A friend of mine actually offered to lend it to me so I could read it but no! Everyone says that it's amazing so I, like a true book addict, must own it!

7. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey - Another classic, I know. I actually own this one, but there're missing pages and I want a new one so I could read it properly.

8. Life of Pi by Yann Martel - Since the release of the movie, I've been eyeing this novel. Very mixed opinions about it, but who cares, I'll give it a go anyway.

9. East of Eden by John Steinbeck - Have had so many recommendations about this one. Most of my friends absolutely love it, so it's a bit shocking I haven't read it yet.

10. Perfume: The Story of a Murderer by Patrick Suskind - This novel sounds fascinating to me. A bit creepy, but really interesting. I love a little thriller now and then.

I basically can't wait to purchase and read all these books. Have you guys read any of them and what were your thoughts?



4 comments:

  1. The Casual Vacancy, The Girl Who Played with Fire and The Book Thief are all amazing! Great choices :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. To Kill a Mockingbird is one of my all time favorite books along with East of Eden. I loved The Book Thief and the entire Larsson trilogy. Thanks for sharing on Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have to read The Book Thief! Perfume: The Story of a Murderer is a chilling read but a fantastic one, nonetheless. To Kill a Mockingbird is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Book Thief is on my list too.
    http://jazminjade.wordpress.com/2014/08/26/top-ten-tuesday-books-i-want-to-read-but-dont-own/

    ReplyDelete