Sunday 7 September 2014

The Chocolate Book Tag





There are loads of tags out there on the internet, but this one in particular seized my attention. I mean, it collaborates two of my most favourite things on this planet. Also, I think it's very entertaining and it's an easy way to tell you about books which have impresed me.


1. Dark chocolate (book that covers a dark topic)
That is definitely Gerald's Game by Stephen King. I think that most of his books fit into this category, but this one in particular is unbelievably dark and twisted. It has death in it, it has horror, it has violance. Sometimes I just can't believe how his mind gives birth to such horrific stories.

2. White chocolate (favourite light-hearted read)
For sure - Sex and the City by Candace Bushnell. The book itself is nothing fancy and I know I've written about it before. But that's one of my favourite light and fast reads of all time.

3. Milk Chocolate (a book that has a lot of hype about it and I want to read it)
 Divergent by Veronica Roth - All I know about this one is that basically every book blogger writes about it and it seems that everyone loves it, so must catch up.

4. Chocolate with a caramel center - (a book that made me feel all gooey while I was reading it)
Blackberry Wine by Joanne Harris - As I've told you before this woman has the ability to send you the most amazing places. This book made me dream of France and be sentimental about things in life (how cheesy)

5. Wafer free Kit Kat (a book that has surprised me) 
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - My surprise comes from the fact that I didn't think I would like it all. Turns out, the book is pretty good as it caputres your attention and doesn't bore you until the very end.

6. Hot chocolate with cream and marshmallows (a comfort read)
I believe any John Green book would do here, especially for me - Looking for Alaska.  His books are very light-hearted and humorously written and could always pick me up when in a bad mood. 

7. Box of chocolates (a series that has a wide variety and has a little something for everyone)
Well I think that everyone here would I agree that, without doubt, it's A song of ice and fire by George R.R. Martin.  I don't even feel the need to explain myself here and all of you who has read it would know what I mean. All the different characters and places create a whole new world in which everyone can find a place. Basically, it's everyone's must read.


Now, exuse me while I go to buy some chocolate! :)
 
   

1 comment:

  1. Divergent is very good, I definitely recommend it!
    Congrats, I have nominated you for the Liebster Award!
    Go here for explanations on what to do next!

    ReplyDelete